Barcelona , 1990
Conductor and music critic
He combined musical practice with law studies at the University of Barcelona where he was part of the Schola Cantorum Universitaria Barcinonensis, conducted by Antoni Pérez Moya. In 1953, he founded Cor Al·leluia and became interested in the performance of Renaissance music. In 1958, he became conductor of Ars Musicae until 1973. This position made him renowned among specialists of Ancient Music in Catalonia. In 1986, he reestablished the activities of the Music Chapel of Santa Maria del Mar which had ended in 1933. He was a contributor of publications such as Destino and promoted performers of Nova Cançó.